Home About Contact Disclaimer Image Map

Friday 23 October 2015

10 Favourite Book Quotes of All Time!

Book quotes. All books have them. All readers love them. So what are some of our all time favourites that we always think of? Some of us even get them tattooed onto us to remember for all time, and now we can have our tattoos preserved after our death maybe even our relatives will grow to love them as well? Haha gross, thought, right? ;)

Still, I was recently chatting with a dear friend on a Facebook book group about our favourite book quotes and thought it'd make an interesting blog post. I'd love to hear all of yours as well! Tweet me or something :) So, without further ado, here are my top ten book quotes in history!
  1. “Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.” - William Goldman: Four Screenplays (I know this is technically a movie script, but I read it first of all in his screenplays book and later heard it on film)
  2. "Love is many things, none of them logical" - William Goldman, The Princess Bride
  3. "Life isn't fair, it's just fairer than death, that's all" - William Goldman, The Princess Bride
  4. "Some books are so familiar, reading them is like being home again" - Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
  5. "I had just come to accept that my life would be ordinary when extraordinary things began to happen" - Ransom Riggs, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
  6. "It was a bright, cold day in April , and the clocks were striking thirteen" - George Orwell, 1984
  7. "If you are interested in stories with happy endings, you would be better off reading some other book" - Lemony Snicket, A Series of Unfortunate Events
  8. "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on Earth should that mean that it is not real?" - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  9. "Now you tell me you have been raising him like a pig for slaughter…" - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  10. "Always" - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
You might have noticed some recurring authors here, possibly because they're some of my favourite authors or books of all time... Possibly because they're just poignant or elegant wordsmiths? Who really knows. But at the end of the day, all of these are either beautiful or funny and I love them all. Even though Harry Potter quotes could easily take up all ten of these slots haha. These are written in no particular order, just the order I thought of them. 

It's taken me a long time to write this post... I'm just glad I finally narrowed it down! I wrote down about a hundred and just crossed them off one by one until only ten were left. So let me know some of your favourites! Are any the same as mine? 

1 comment:

  1. I prefer number 8 out of all of them but I have a few others that I would have put on that list.When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. Is my favourite though.

    ReplyDelete